WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP OUR PATIENTS AND STAFF SAFE
- We are screening by taking the temperature of all patients and our staff as they arrive to identify COVID-19 risk factors. Please arrive wearing a mask, take off your gloves, and use hand sanitizer in waiting area.
- New patient paperwork available on our website www.shadygrovepointdental.com
- Patient with known risk factors such as fever (100.4 degrees F), dry cough, and shortness of breath should stay home. Other COVID-19 warning signs include chills, loss of taste/smell, muscle pain, sore throat, new confusion, inability to wake, and bluish lips or face. Consult your physician immediately.
- We are using personal protective equipment (PPE’s) that is appropriate for the dental procedures including face shields, specialized masks, shoe covers, surgical gloves, caps and disposable gowns.
- We are seeing a limited number of patients per day therefore limiting the number of people to minimize overcrowding. We ask you to please do not bring family members to your appt.
- We will do our best to allow for greater time between patients to reduce waiting time for you as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time and practice social distancing.
- We thoroughly disinfect our five treatment operatories, waiting 45 minutes until we see another patient in the room.
- All common areas are disinfected frequently to make sure bacteria and viruses cannot linger on hard surfaces.
- We ask you to please use the public restrooms located on the second floor.
- We will give you an antimicrobial mouth rinse before each appointment to help reduce bacterial & viral load.
- We use a high-powered suction for all dental procedures to minimize the spread of aerosols and sterilize all handpieces and instruments after each use.
- We have intentionally removed all magazines and reading materials.
- Dr. Thomasian and her staff have completed advanced training regarding COVID-19.
We hope this information is helpful. For the extra measures we are taking, our office has a PPE charge of $30.00 per patient. Currently, dental insurance companies are not covering the expense of providing the additional PPE’s to safely treat you. We hope you understand and look forward to seeing you. Stay safe and healthy! You can reach us 301-340-9550. You can also visit us online at: www.shadygrovepointdental.com
-Dr. Helen Thomasian and Staff